Sep 24, 2013

Taking Stock


Yes, yes… I am back. No explanation, I just woke up this morning and felt like starting up my blog again. I’m slowly but surely working on a redesign and I didn’t want to wait until it was all done to start blogging again. I knew that most likely I’d get overwhelmed with all I need to do and stop before I even started again, and I figure that if I’m blogging as I go along, I’ll feel more motivated.


This won’t be a marathon catch-up post and I probably won't put one together. I figure most you’ve been following me on Facebook or Instagram (@hcutler). Instead, I wanted to try this post inspired by Pip.


Making: grand plans for Coco's 3rd birthday on Friday.
Cooking: a lot of simplified, meatless dishes lately.
Drinking: water and Izze sodas.
Reading: ....blogs? I need a book.
Wanting: some great fall boots.
Looking: for new ways to entertain Coco during the day.
Playing: Solitaire on my phone.
Wasting: vegetables. I keep buying them and we keep not eating them.
Sewing: the binding on a quillt... s l o w l y. I know it will only take one night to finish. Why is it so hard?
Wishing: I could find one white cake stand for a reasonable price.
Enjoying: a lot of The National Parks' music. (Seriously, check them out!)
Waiting: for Brooklyn Nine-Nine tonight. I was a fan of the pilot last week.
Liking: maternity clothes. Finally out of that awkward stage where nothing fits right.
Wondering: who Little Man will look like and if he'll have hair.
Loving: quiet nights on the couch with Cam.
Hoping: to be able to keep up Insanity during the rest of my pregnancy.
Marvelling: at how quickly Colbie took to the idea of a brother and already loves him.
Needing: to let go of my OCD and let Colbie mix puzzle pieces and Play-Doh colors.
Smelling: nothing, which is delightful. My sense of smell is like a bloodhound when I'm pregnant.
Wearing: my maxi skirt... again. No shame.
Following: way too many people on Instagram. But I love it.
Noticing: that I haven't written anything in over a year. That needs to change.
Knowing: that Someone Else has a divine plan in my uncertainty.
Thinking: about trying to put myself into labor three years ago.
Feeling: surprisingly at peace about selling all of Colbie's baby clothes last weekend.
Bookmarking: any and all things little boy.
Opening: a carton of Ben & Jerry's for lunch today.
Giggling: about Colbie constantly tucking her shirts and dresses into her undies.
Feeling: like I am enough. It's a good feeling.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Welcome back, friend. Please post more often! I miss you- it sounds like this pregnancy is going better than the last one? And I can't believe Colby is turning three! Ah!

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Sweet post. Welcome back!