May 6, 2008

Monster Houses, Toilet Gods and other scary stuff!



I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the movie "Monster House," but it's basically about this house that is possessed by a bearded lady who died in the basement many, many years before, and it starts having temper tantrums. It goes as far as to try to eat little children on Halloween night. I am about 97% convinced that our house has a similar problem.



For those of you who don't know, my parents are building a house just up the street, so, naturally, we're trying to sell this one, and, as Paige and I were discussing earlier tonight, this house is beginning to throw tantrums. Those tantrums have come through a possessed toilet which continues to sporadically flood at the most crucial (aka inconvenient) moments. For example, it first began rebelling on Easter while my family was all together. The second time happened the night before a showing, and the third, and absolute worst one yet, occured approximately 7 hours ago. There was some major flooding... some of which went into my room (gross). Hence why I am still awake at 12:30. I have the lovely advantage of crashing on a couch tonight while my carpet airs out and gets a KILLER disinfectant job! So... I may be looking for some room and board tomorrow night. Anyone game?? :o)


(Pointing out Riverside, California on a map!)

Also, the other big news right now is that a dear friend of mine's mission countdown hits TEN WEEKS today. I am over 90% of the way done with all of this "writing a missionary" business and, truth be told, I am STOKED. As much fun as this has been, the fact is that it's sad that the postman recognizes me when I come in, knows my name, and will ask me how Elder Cutler is doing. Crazy stuff. But, there are other times that I realize that life as I know it (right now) will change... More crazy stuff. Either way, I'm getting anxious for the boy to get home so I can stop stressing and overanalyzing every single little detail and issue that comes up. "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"


This picture was taken about 4 months before he left... pretty cute boy, eh?

Disclaimer: If anyone is contemplating buying our house, do NOT let this become a reason to not consider it- I'm sure we could hold a seance and deliver ourselves from the angry toilet gods.