May 1, 2010

WHAT have I gotten myself into?

First off, I am excited to announce that we are having a LITTLE GIRL!! Cam was convinced that it was a boy, but when the tech told us it was a girl he got all grinny and misty-eyed. I think this little girl's already got Daddy wrapped around her finger.

Not only did we find out that it's a girl, we found out that this girl is VERY, VERY STUBBORN. I have NO idea where she gets it! :) This baby was facing my back, curled up, and had her hands and her feet in front of her face, and no matter how hard the tech shook my belly (yeah, that hurts today), SHE WOULDN'T BUDGE. It took the tech a good hour to get all of the shots he needed because she refused to move at all (it took him 20 minutes to coax a money shot for gender). I think he was actually working up a sweat and was cursing our difficult child after we left.

What does this mean for me? It means that I am preparing myself for a headstrong little girl that likes things done her way. (If you ask my mother, she'll probably tell you that I deserve one.) But we love that we got to see her for so long, and got a little shot into this baby's personality.

In other news, we are getting ready to ship off for Missouri on Monday, so our next post will hopefully be from there!

6 comments:

Liv Blair said...

Yay! Congrats Haley! She will be so darling I'm sure :)

Niki said...

I KNEW IT! :) I am so glad you are having a girl! She will be the cutest! Sounds like her mother's child :) YAY! I love you friend!

Dowland Fam said...

Congratulations! Girls are awesome and they VERY quickly wrap Daddy around their finger. Trust me, if you want anything done from now on, getting Baby Girl to ask Daddy. :) Have fun in Missouri!

Andi said...

YAY congrats on the girl!
Hope all is going well with the move and hope maybe you're feeling a tad bit better (is that too much to ask for?!)

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Yeah! So exciting! Have you guys already thought of names?

Erin said...

Hmmm...your daughter must be my son's cousin or something. I must admit...this is upsetting...I've been blaming Linc's stubborn-ness on Evan for 2 years. I think I'll just make sure Evan doesn't EVER see this post instead of changing the direction of my finger-point! :)